Wednesday, December 27, 2006

My New Diigs

After posting sporadically to my previous blog--The CONGOblog--I've come to blogger.com. It was time for a blog change since I'm moving to a new church and no longer will be running the web site of my church in New York (www.uccmanhasset.org). So, whether you've read something I wrote on my old blog or just happened to stumble on to this one, WELCOME!

I'll be posting--hopefully more regularly than I did on my last blog--on the intersection of faith and culture and politics and whatever else crosses my mind. Generally, I lean to the left as far as political and religious classifications go, but I also like to think that my faith is fairly traditional. I believe God is more interested in welcoming, including and connecting with people than condemning and excluding people. I also believe that the Church should seek to model this same time of hospitality and compassion. Unfortunately, the face of Christianity and maybe religion in general is one of irrational arrogance rather than compassionate humility.

Over the next two weeks or so, I'm moving from NY to the Show Me State, so I may have little to stick here, but check back with me about mid-January or so.

2 comments:

Link said...

As a faithful reader of the CONGOblog, I'm glad to come over to the new site at blogger.com. Actually, I was already here, Chase, as blogger.com is where I too offer my (very) meager wisdom to the world.

revpeep said...

Ah, Link, my most faithful blog reader. Welcome!!!