Thursday, August 23, 2007

I like his blog because he likes mine...

I was listening to Thomas Friedman the other day on NPR talk about how technology is "flattening" out the world--anybody else getting bored with Friedman's metaphor?--when one of his comments about employers Googling job candidates as a matter of course these days, and I thought, "Hmmm... I haven't Googled myself lately. I wonder what sort of stuff has surfaced about me."

So, I Googled myself and it was the usual stuff where my name has remained on church and denominational web sites--you can track my career from doctoral work to church work in NY to the same in MO--, some distant relative's inclusion of me on their family tree, etc. (All I have to say, is thank God they didn't have digital cameras, My Space, Facebook, etc. when I was in college. Some things don't need to live forever on the Internet. My pictures in my college yearbook are bad enough--ugh.)


However, I did find a new link to my name. Rev. Chuck Currie, pastor at Parkrose Community U.C.C. church in Portland, OR, has a blog as well and posted a link to mine. So, I figured I'd return the favor and link to his. He's got some good thoughts on social concerns and how the Gospel fits into our culture along with some links to some other interesting blogs by liberal-type ministers.


Thanks Chuck. Happy blogging!


Grace and Peace,


Chase

1 comment:

Jacob said...

Hi Chase:

Glad to see you came across Chuck's blog. Chuck and I went to seminary together. He's a great guy (as a side note--we spent a summer together in India). I think you'll find that the two of you share a lot of interests.

Blessings,

Jacob