Thursday, September 13, 2007

My Nest Surgery

Below, you'll find the mass e-mail I sent out to family and friends detailing my surgery today. Needless to say, it will be a few days before I'm posting to the blog.

Hi friends and family,

I've been meaning to send out an e-mail for the last couple of days but it has been craxy trying to get things out of the way before my next surgery.

My next surgery is TODAY (Sept. 13, Thursday) at around 2:00 PM CST. So, I'd appreciate any prayers, love energies, positive thoughts or whatever kind of stuff you do, sent my way.

Hopefully, this will be my final surgery on my right eye. As you may recall, my retina detached back in January. After two surgeries, I ended up with an eye full of silicone oil to hold the retina in place while it heals. Now it's time for that silicone oil to come out.

they will be doing two things today, removing the silicone oil and replacing it with something else. Also, they will be fixing a cataract in the eye that developed due to all this poking and prodding in my eye this year.

Depending on what they find today when they get in there, I could have a very quick recovery time as in a day or so. Or, I could once again lay on my face for two weeks. I've already done that once this year, so I'd rather not do it again, but no matter how it goes for me in the short term, it is all just an inconvenience compared to having eyesight in that eye for the rest of my life.

I'll send out another e-mail telling how it went as soon as I can see well enough to do so.

Grace and peace,
Chase

No comments: