Each week (more or less) I send out an e-mail to my congregation with my thoughts including stuff I've read over the past week that I want to pass along.
Christians Behaving Badly
- The Daily Show visits Eureka Springs and talks to local pastors about the town's ban against LGBT discrimination. Hilarity ensues.
- Gay United Methodist pastor forced to resign in Michigan and LGBTQ affirming Methodists protest
Race, Racism and Privilege
- Great article in the KC Star with quotes from MORE2's Lora McDonald & St. Mark's Church's Rev. Sam Mann "Kansas City community leaders talk about race, white privilege"
- Bill Tammeus writes about "Missouri's Racist Death Penalty"
- 7 New Years Resolutions for Progressive Christians--Great thoughts from Cameron Trimble of the Center for Progressive Renewal. I'm excited to be going to their conference in a few weeks.
- As is always the case, powerful words from Riverside Church's pastor Amy Butler.
- Did you know our denomination, the United Church of Christ, is a part of an evil cabal controlling the United States? Neither did I. Apparently these evangelical Christians think so.
- A very fair overview of the ethical complexities and multiple religious viewpoints surrounding the Planned Parenthood videos and fetal tissue donation.