Sunday, March 15, 2009

Great Concert by the HeartAches of the Heartland Men's Chorus

First Christian Church was fortunate to play host last night to the HeartAches, an ensemble that is a part of the Heartland Men's Chorus. The concert was a fundraiser for the effort to bring the AIDS Quilt back to St. Joseph this April. What a wonderful concert! The group sang beautifully and wonderfully.

One of the men in the ensemble sang a solo that I had never heard before, but I found it very moving. I'm sure folks who are more in the know than I am have heard of the late AIDS activist and songwriter Michael Callen and his music before, but it was a first for me. The song was "Love Don't Need a Reason" and was it powerful.

Hats off to the HeartAches and to all the folks in St. Joe who are working so hard to bring the AIDS quilt back to town.

Grace and Peace,

Chase

No comments: