Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry QUACK-mas!

My church members know that I have a collection of tacky Jesus things on a shelf in my office.  I do so, because it suits my sense of humor and also because I have to believe that Jesus would choose to laugh at much for what passes as "Christian" in our culture.  (It's either laugh or cry.)

So, I was very pleased when my church's Children's Minister (and fellow tacky Jesus collector) bought me a rubber duckie nativity set.  You can see it in the picture, along with my Jesus action figure and Jesus bobble head in the background.  Alas, the rest of the collection is not visible--also alas! the huge amount of dust on the shelf is also visible!

If you are looking for future tacky Jesus gifts to give me, check out this column by Maureen Dowd where she describes her brother's collection of creches--take note of the picture of the mermaid nativity set!!!

No comments: