Friday, July 21, 2017

Recommended Reading and Listening 7-14-17 edition

Regularly, if somewhat spasmodically, I share a list of things I'm reading, watching and listening to with my congregation.  If I remember to do so, I also post it here on my blog:

Recommended Reading and Listening
United Church of Christ 
Recommended Podcasts
LGBTQ
Racism
  • "Building the Troost Wall: Structural Racism in Kansas City"--I was sent this video by a church member and by a friend in NC. It explains briefly the history of the "Country Club District" and the East/West of Troost divide that still tears at the very fabric of KC. If you are wondering why "Country Club" is in our church name (along with Country Club DOC and Country Club UMC) here's a nice introduction--fair warning, it is not a pretty history:
Sexual Abuse by Clergy
You can find more stuff that I think is worth reading, watching and listening to by following me on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments: