Regularly, if somewhat spasmodically, I share a list of things I'm reading, watching and listening to with my congregation. If I remember to do so, I also post it here on my blog:
United Church of Christ
- Radiolab--"Revising the Fault Line"--A really provocative episode about how much free will do we really have vs. how much is genes, neurology, etc.? Warning: the main story is a disturbing one--yet also fascinating because of the questions it raises. I'm a proponent of free will, but the more I work with people who have mental health issues as well as the people who treat them, the more I wonder about all the things we do not know about how our brains work. I will be thinking about this one for a long time.
The Political Divide
- "Ask Andrew W.K.: My Dad Is a Right-Wing A**h***"--Look past the obscenity of the title and read this excellent advice column on how to get along with a family member with whom you do not agree with on politics
The Religious Right
- 7 Problems With Trump's Hastily-Tweeted Trans Military Ban
- "Trump Claims Transgender Service Members Cost Too Much: But Is That True?"--Big surprise. Trump is lying about the cost of trans troops' medical procedures. The RAND corporation--not exactly liberal--says so.
Other Stuff I Think is Cool
- "'Make It So': Star Trek and Its Debt to Revolutionary Socialism"--Fascinating reading for anyone who enjoys what science fiction rells us about our own day and time.
You can find more stuff that I think is worth reading, watching and listening to by following me on Facebook and Twitter.