Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I'll Be Seeing You...(sort of)


Okay, the plan was for me to move to Missouri and then pick up blogging again. No such luck. Almost two weeks ago my retina detached resulting in me getting emergency surgery and then having to lay face down for ten days straight. At present, I am vertical but I can't see out of my left eye--sorry for the typos!
We're giving this moving thing a try again this weekend and hopefully no emergency surgery will be necessary.
I have, however, been eating very well. Folks from The Congregational Church of Manhasset have been providing wonderful dinners. All this laying around and the large amounts of food--they can roll me to MO!
I keep waiting for some deep spiritual insight to come to me with all of this time to myself laying face down, but frankly, nothing came to me. As is the case I guess when anyone loses mobility, I realize how much I take for granted just doing normal things. I've been instructed not to lift anything over 10 pounds--that means I can't pick up wither one of my boys. I grieve that connection with them. Also, I have to watch as my family--including parents from both sides--do the normal work I would do, not to mention finishing packing for the move. Sure, it's fun for a while, but when that while is over I do wish to be helping too.
I'm looking forward to seeing what this great country of ours looks like the rough only one eye--if you happen to be driving on Interstate 80 in a few days I'll be the guy squinting at you.

Grace and Peace,
Chase

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ouch. Hey Chase good luck with the move. Thanks for the Christmas card. Let us know if you guys are ever close to East TN again.

Anonymous said...

Happy to have you at First Christian Church. Looking forward to Sunday Feb.4th for you first sermon. Good luck with the eye..have had detached retina both eyes. John Nichols jwnplay@aol.com

revpeep said...

Mike, thanks for the support. Great to hear from you. Hope all is well in TN!

John, thanks for the great welcome!