Thursday, April 5, 2007

Local Minister Begs for Money

Okay, Okay, I get hit up for money all the time by every which way and when ministers ask for money I'm really, really suspicious. BUT...I'm asking for money anyway, because I've been nominated to be a part of the MDA Lock Up next week. Just read below to see my mass e-mail and should you feel so moved, feel free to contribute--none of the money will pass through my greedy little hands anyway--100% of the money will go to a kid with a neuromuscular disease. Like I said, read below.


Dear church member, friend, or whomever

I've only been in St. Joseph for two months and I'm already begging for money. The money, however, is not for me. It's for the local MDA chapter. Another local minister--who shall remain anonymous for his own protection--nominated me to be a part of the 2007 MDA Lock U{. I believe previous ministers at First Christian have been "locked up" in previous years, so they must know that FCC ministers are suckers for this sort of thing.

Next Wednesday, I'll be locked up at the Stony Creek Inn. My "bail" has been set at $650 which is the cost for sending a child with Muscular Distrophy to summer camp. If I raise that amount, I get a free Omaha Steaks package, which I will happily split with the person who gives the most--give the whole thing and you can have the Omaha Steaks package all to yourself!

Below you'll find the official "form letter" made for me by MDA. There's also a link to my own web page which allows you to give to MDA directly online.

So, if you have some money left over after all of your other chairitable and church donations or if you were planning on giving to MDA anyway, how about making the new minister in town look good by springing me from the lock up?

Grace and Peace,

Chase

FORM LETTER BEGINS BELOW

This year, I have the honor and pleasure of participating in MDA's 2007 St. Joseph Lock-Up, Day 1 to help "Jerry's Kids®". To reach my goal I need your help!

I'd like to include you or your company on my list of contributors who are helping me reach my goal. Your donation would help MDA continue the important fight against muscular dystrophy. Check out my web page by clicking on the link above. There you'll find all kinds of information about MDA, and be able to make your tax-deductible donation on-line using your credit card.

MDA serves people in our community with neuromuscular disease by providing clinics, support groups, assistance with the purchase and repair of wheelchairs, braces and communication devices, and summer camp for kids. MDA also funds research grants to help find treatments and cures for some 43 neuromuscular diseases that affect people of all ages, right here in our community.

I sincerely hope that you'll take the opportunity to support MDA. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call or e-mail me.
On behalf of the families MDA serves, thank you!

Warmest Regards,

Rev Chase Peeples

Click here to visit my Participant Page.

If the link above does not bring you to my Participant Page, cut and paste the address below into the address bar of your internet browser.

https://www.mdaevent.org/ParticipantInfo.aspx?j=7c278917-ee26-447c-9959-6ade271f3e4a

No comments: