FYI: I've neglected my blog in recent months, so I'm posting some stuff I've sent out to my church during that time. This explains why some of the links and topics are somewhat dated. Here they are for the purposes of posterity.
Regularly, if somewhat spasmodically, I share a list of things I'm reading, watching and listening to with my congregation. If I remember to do so, I also post it here on my blog:
- "Bringing Christmas Back Down to Earth"--Great thoughts from one of my favorite writers, Parker Palmer, about how to celebrate the joy of Christmas with so much frightening political news
- "What Grieving People Wish You Knew at Christmas"--Good words and good advice on how to respond to people grieving during the holidays.
The Incoming Trump Administration
- "Trump on the future of proposed Muslim ban, registry: 'You know my plans'"--If this "Muslim registry" does come to pass not only will I protest it but I will also register on it. I hope every Christian who practices love of neighbor as oneself would do the same--along with all people who believe similarly.
- "How to Talk to a Trump Evangelical at Christmas Time"
- "Threats, bullying hit family of KC transgender girl on cover of National Geographic"--The girl in question is named Avery Jackson. She and her mother have been to our church.
- "Trans girl from KC makes history with her National Geographic cover"--the original story about Avery
- "How to Help the Transgender Community Amid Spike in Suicide Hotline Calls"
You can find more stuff that I think is worth reading, watching and listening to by following me on Facebook and Twitter.