FYI: I've neglected my blog in recent months, so I'm posting some stuff I've sent out to my church during that time. This explains why some of the links and topics are somewhat dated. Here they are for the purposes of posterity.
Regularly, if somewhat spasmodically, I share a list of things I'm reading, watching and listening to with my congregation. If I remember to do so, I also post it here on my blog:
United Church of Christ in the News
- "Protester Interrupts Portland Church Service, spewing anti-gay rhetoric"--I guess this is the new "normal." I'm grateful no one was hurt or killed and I'm proud of how this church responded with love.
- "Franklin Graham's God Isn't Mine; Is He Yours?"
- "My Transgender Daughter is a Beloved Child of God"--written by a mother and Lutheran minister's wife
- "Four Transgender Women Were Killed in the U.S. Last Week"--#SayHerName
The Muslim Ban
- "Why Trump's Ideas About Islam are Dangerous"--Great words by Kansas City treasure Bill Tammeus
Sexism in 2017
- "Democratic Congressman Makes Vile Sexual Joke about Kellyanne Conway"--Yes, America, sexism knows no political party. It is bipartisan. Liberals can be just as sexist as conservatives. It's 2017 and past time for men like this to grow up.
- "Widow of Olathe shooting victim: 'I need an answer' on how U.S. stops hate crimes"--Heartbreaking to read of this widow asking America "Do we belong?" Her husband, like her, was an immigrant from India. He was shot and killed by a guy who thought he and his fellow Garmin engineer were from the Middle East.
Other Stuff I Think Is Cool
- "White Kentucky boy, four, shaves head to match black best friend"--He thought if they had the same haircut his teacher wouldn't be able to tell them apart
You can find more stuff that I think is worth reading, watching and listening to by following me on Facebook and Twitter.