Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Latest Eye Update

Below is the latest mass e-mail I sent out regarding my condition. It certainly is humbling to get the kind of e-mails I've received detailing the efforts people have gone to praying for me this week. I feel very humbled to have such support and encouragement.

Hey friends and family,

Thanks for the many great e-mails that have come my way. The love and support I've received really mean more than I can say. It makes me wonder what I've ever done to deserve such support and love. I guess it's not about deserving it or not--grace is grace after all.

I went to the doctor this morning and all went very well. The bandages came off and as far as reasonablly can be determined after only 24 hours things look as good as can be. The retina is flat against my eye ball and this bubble is supposed to keep it there. I can see our of my right eye, but due to the oil bubble things are distorted. That will take some getting used to, although truth be told it was only in the last few weeks that I could see around the last bubble, so I'm sort of used to it.

The doctor said that seeing anything at all at this point is a really good sign, so I guess that means so far so good.

I really don't have any pain to speak of, just some mild headaches. I'm also fatigued a bit. These things are small potatoes compared to last time, so I'm thankful.

I'm trying my best not to worry about the future and to take things as they come. Your support and prayers (love energies, chakra rays, etc.) are helping quite a bit on the worrying front.

I'll let you know more as developments occur.

Grace and Peace,

Chase

No comments: